Turmeric Turkey, Zucchini, and Sweet Potato
If you're looking for simple meals to prep and take for lunch, this one's for you! Make it for dinner, and have a few more servings on hand for lunches on the go.
Turmeric Turkey, Zucchini & Sweet Potato
8 ingredients · 35 minutes · 6 servings
- 3 Sweet Potato (medium, sliced into rounds)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 3 Zucchini (medium, sliced into sticks)
- 2 1/4 tsps Coconut Oil
1 1/2 lbs Extra Lean Ground Turkey 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/3 cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potato rounds in half of the olive oil. Toss the zucchini sticks in the other half. Spread the sweet potato rounds across the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- At the 15 minute mark, remove the sweet potato from the oven, flip, and move to one side of the sheet. Put the zucchini sticks on the other side of the baking sheet and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until sweet potato is crispy and zucchini is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground turkey, breaking it up as it cooks. Once it is cooked through, add the sea salt, turmeric and water and mix well. Turn off the heat.
- Remove the sweet potato and zucchini from the oven. Season with any spices you'd like to taste. Divide between plates or containers along with the turmeric turkey. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Keeps well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Reheat in a skillet or the microwave.
No Ground Turkey: Use any type of ground meat instead.
Vegan & Vegetarian: Use lentils instead of ground meat.
No Zucchini: Use green beans instead.