Winter Buddha Bowl
This is my absolute favourite wintertime recipe to make extras of for lunch bowls. It's perfect to serve for company, too. Everyone that I have made this for has been super impressed (more than I anticipated). If you don't feel like making the dressing, or want to switch it up, check out Primal Kitchen salad dressings for an easy sauce.
Winter Buddha Bowl
14 ingredients · 40 minutes · 2 servings
1/2 head Cauliflower (cut into florets)
1/2 Carrot (chopped into 1 inch rounds)
1/2 Beet (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
1/2 Turnip (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
1/2 Parsnip (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
1 cup Chickpeas (cooked, drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
3/4 cup Water
2 tbsps Tahini
1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
1/2 Garlic (clove, minced)
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
2 cups Kale Leaves
1. Preheat oven to 420.
2. Place cauliflower florets, carrots, beet, turnip and parsnip in a large mixing bowl (toss beets separately if you want to keep the lighter veggies clean). Season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Toss well. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread vegetables evenly across. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place quinoa in a saucepan with the water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover with lid and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
4. Create your dressing by combining tahini, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic and sea salt together in a mason jar. Add 3 tbsp warm water. Shake well and set aside. (Note: Feel free to add extra water, 1 tbsp at a time, to reach desired dressing consistency.)
5. Place the kale in a bowl and massage with a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Season with sea salt. Place in frying pan over medium heat and saute just until wilted. Transfer into a bowl.
6. Pour your chickpeas into the same frying pan (which should still be lightly greased from the kale) and saute until slightly browned.
7. Assemble your Buddha bowl by placing quinoa in the bottom of a bowl and arranging roasted winter vegetables, sautéed kale and warm chickpeas on the top. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the bowl.
My mouth is watering - definitely making it this week :)