Beet Berry Smoothie Bowl
Joining you with a powerhouse of a smoothie bowl! The beet powder is optional, but ultra powerful.
Why the power of beets, you ask...?
Well, the iTunes beats help a lot for me. But let's talk about the epicness of the beetroot!
1. Beets are packed with nitrates which play a big part in carrying oxygen to your cells. But, who needs more energy anyways? ;)
2. They are a huge help to your digestive system. Which... by the way is how your body gets all of the nutrients you need to function! And... ahem... helps you become more regular.
3. Supports your adrenals, which by the way are generally overstressed when we don't give them the love & care they need!
1 Beet (medium, peeled and diced)
1 cup Frozen Mango
1 cup Frozen Raspberries
1 tbsp Pitted Dates
1 tsp Schisandra Berry Powder
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- In your blender or food processor, combine the beet, frozen mango, frozen raspberries, dates, schisandra berry powder and milk. Blend until smooth and thick.
- Transfer to a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy!
Notes: No Schisandra Berry powder? Leave it out, or use acai powder instead.
Topping ideas: Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, mango, chia seeds, bee pollen, or shredded coconut.