Kale, Lentil & Sweet Potato Salad
I had this deliciousness at a work event recently and everyone loved it! The goat cheese definitely makes this a winner, but you could swap in walnuts or some type of nut cheese if you're dairy free/ vegan.
11 ingredients · 45 minutes · 2 servings
1 cup Green Lentils (cooked, drained and rinsed)
1 Sweet Potato (diced into 1 inch cubes)
2 cups Kale Leaves
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 tsps Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tsps Thyme
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
1 1/2 tsps Dijon Mustard
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
2 tbsps Goat Feta Cheese (crumbled)
1. Preheat oven to 410. Place chopped sweet potato in a mixing bowl and toss with half of your extra virgin olive oil, cinnamon and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden.
2. In the meantime, drain lentils and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
3. Place remaining extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and warm over medium heat. Add in kale leaves and saute just until wilted. Remove from heat immediately.
4. Prepare dressing by mixing balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and thyme. Mix well.
5. Combine sweet potatoes, lentils, wilted kale, feta cheese and dressing together in a large mixing bowl. Toss well and serve. Enjoy!