Loaded Sweet Potato & Kale Quesadilla
8 ingredients · 20 minutes · 2 servings
1 Sweet Potato (medium, peeled)
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Sweet Onion (medium, chopped)
2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
3 cups Kale Leaves (chopped)
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Brown Rice Tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 410. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Chop sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Place sweet potato in a steaming basket and steam for 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer into a bowl and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1/3 of the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute onions until soft, then add garlic and kale. Heat until kale is wilted.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle about 1/2 the balsamic vinaigrette over the kale and stir until well coated.
5. Lay a brown rice tortilla on the baking sheet. Spread mashed sweet potato and top evenly with kale mixture. Cover with another tortilla and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
6. Slice and serve with remaining balsamic vinaigrette.