Rainbow Chicken Salad with Tahini Dressing
16 ingredients · 35 minutes · 6 servings
8 ozs Chicken Breast (grilled and diced)
4 cups Kale Leaves (finely sliced)
2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
1 Cucumber (diced)
1 Carrot (grated)
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
1 cup Slivered Almonds
1 cup Blueberries
1 Avocado (peeled and diced)
3 tbsps Tahini
1 Navel Orange (juiced)
1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 Garlic (clove, minced)
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup Water
1. Grill your chicken breasts with your favourite seasoning. (I like sea salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne and dried basil.) Chop and set aside.
2. Place kale in a large mixing bowl with half of your extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Massage the lemon and oil into the kale leaves.
3. Place kale in a salad bowl. Layer your fruit, veggies and chicken onto the top of the kale leaves working your way around the bowl. Cucumber, shredded carrots, almonds, blueberries, avocado and chicken.
4. Create the dressing by blending tahini, remaining olive oil, orange juice, yellow mustard, garlic, sea salt, pepper and water together in a blender or food processor. Blend until a creamy consistency forms.
5. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over top of salad. Toss well and enjoy!