My story isn't your typical ‘weight loss’ transformation. I took dieting to the extreme. I was skinny, exhausted and obsessed with food and my body. This eventually took a toll on my mental and physical health. I then went to the opposite extreme eating non-stop and not giving AF. This, too, took a toll on my health and wasn't truly how I wanted to live.
Something told me there had to be another way; that I could have a physique I loved and feel incredible in my body without extreme restrictions.
If you can dream it, it's possible! I teach a flexible approach to getting the body you desire without going crazy with restrictions.
I went from struggling with dieting and hating my body to nourished and confident in my skin. And now I help women do the same.
Waking up each morning feeling frustrated with your body and obsessing over food is such a shitty way to spend this lifetime. I remember those mornings putting on every outfit and feeling so uncomfortable in my skin. Judging every imperfection in the mirror no matter what changes I saw.
As the scale dropped I became more obsessed. Feelings of imperfection and never being*enough* only got stronger.
High Vibe Healthy Women was born out of the realization that so many women struggle with dieting and hating their body, just like I did. I thought I was alone. And, at times I isolated myself because of how much pain I was in.
I'm so excited that you landed here. Because I know that you can change your story, and also know that you are ready for the next chapter to be more lovely.
I am Kat Sloan Feeney. A woman on a mission to help you get unstuck and achieve that high vibe healthy glow; without obsessing over every bite or hating on yourself in the process. I love healthy foods, mindset shifts, writing from my soul, and watching women light up as they make shifts in their lives that they never thought possible. All that said, I'm not your typical nutritionist who subscribes to one way of eating, cutting out food groups, or never touching a piece of cake again. I believe in eating foods on purpose that nourish your body, mind, and soul.
I studied holistic nutrition and use my own personal methods to help women heal their relationship with food so that they can step into high vibe health. Of course it wasn't always that way! For several years I felt crappy in my health and my body. But, one day I decided this was not going to be my story - that I wasn't the girl who was always feeling crappy and talking negatively about herself. Then, I became a coach so to show you the way! I've been down the path of using food and exercise to deal with all of life's curveballs. Before I knew it, I'd spiraled out of control. What I thought at times was just me taking care of my health and my body ended up being my coping mechanism for sh*t that I hadn't really taken the time to deal with.
I ended up in a cycle of guilt and fear around food and my body. The complete opposite to what living a healthy life is meant to be! I believe that getting that high vibe healthy glow gets to be fun. Also, that you can escape diet jail and get the results you've always wanted.
What do I do?
I coach women who are ready to get unstuck and move out of their own way to get the results they've always wanted. My method involves a simple approach to nutrition where there is always room for the foods that you love! I serve all of that up with a healthy dose of self-worth + confidence in your skin.
Want to get to know me better?
I share a LOT of my personal story on the blog, as well as in the free Facebook Community, click below if you want to hang out there!
Some Fun Facts About Me:
- My personality type is ISFP (click to learn more if you please)
- As an empath, I thrive in this area of listening, feeling, and coaching.
- I'm into adventure sports including backcountry & alpine skiing, snowboarding, kiteboarding.
- I started running casually when I was 21, but I gave it up because I was #addicted. I came back into running with a healthy mindset and began with a couple half marathons.
- My first trail 1/2 marathon was the Be Fearless Trail 1/2 Marathon in Squamish BC in 2016, which is hosted by Run Like A Girl (oh...pssst... I'm their official nutritionist).
- I've now run 3x 50km trail and 1x 50m trail ultra marathons. But... I have no plans to run another just yet.
- Strength training has never been a priority for me, but you'll catch me at the gym testing my comfort zone these days!
- As for the professional things... I graduated with a B.A. Psychology, and following that studied to become a Certified Holistic Nutritionist at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition - Vancouver.
You are worthy of everything that you desire!